Thursday, March 10, 2011

20th Anniversary!



20 years ago Jeff and I were married. We chose March kind of hoping for a romantic rainy day. I awoke that morning to a beautiful California sun shiny day. Some of my brides maids had spent the night at my condo and some were arriving so we could get ready together. Jeff was knocking at my door, they told him it was bad luck to see me before the wedding but I let him in. He handed me a velvet box with a beautiful pearl necklace in it and he reminded me how happy he was to be marrying me that day. Later it did cloud up and sprinkle a bit and my Dad said "Martha I think you might get your rain". After a whole lot of photos, tears of joy, vows, with family and friends we were married. As we left for our honeymoon Missy was still crying and holding on to me, I still can't figure out if she was happy or sad for us, we probably should've just brought her with us. In 1999 we renewed our vows and were sealed to our children for time and all eternity in the Los Angeles temple. We celebrated last night with our girls, Jeff made a great steak dinner. Matt called and wished us a Happy Anniversary. We will continue to celebrate this weekend at the Temple and go out for a nice dinner, just the two of us. Marriage and raising kids takes a lot of LOVE and a lot of WORK, we are so thankful for family and dear friends we consider family, we love you, and appreciate all the support you've given us throughout the years.

1 comment:

Dal and Nat said...

Congratulations! Dallan and I hit our 10 year this year. So we are halfway there. You guys are so cute!! Here's to 20 more years!!