Friday, November 27, 2009

Turkey Day!








So recently a few things have happened with us. We finally had Matt's court of honor, Wed. in our home. Matt spoke to a small group that helped with the project. Matt also had his braces removed after SIX long years. As a mother I was so excited to see him and get his senior photo's
done etc. and he smiled a big grin and there, in the front, one big GREY dead tooth. "Oh I forgot to tell you I got hit in the mouth during a wrestling tournament and DIDN'T HAVE MY MOUTH GUARD IN!!!!" So he enjoyed Thanksgiving feast coming off a root canal in preparation for a bleaching of that front tooth.
We've been going to movies lately, New Moon, The Blind Side. It's been nice spending time together. I cry daily at the thought of My baby boy leaving for college.......he won't consider the
at home online thing? I am enjoying every minute with my kids. We had five in a row, they have entered and finished many stages in life. The diaper stage, the elementary age, the high school,
age, and we're entering the college stage and I am not sure I am ready nor will I ever be. I have really great kids and don't care to share them with the world :( They have other ideas and I will support them.
Well we are of course more thankful than ever for having WORK, a home, food, clothing, all the
basics that we take for granted, we have our Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ to thank
for our blessings. We miss all of our friends and family in CA, AZ, UT, Canada and hope you all had a woderful Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

looks like you had a great day! We love and miss you and yesterday we were talking about past thanksgiving and rememberd the choc gravy that Jeff made. We love you guys!

312 M. I. said...

We did have a quiet nice day, scrabble got loud and competetive. Yes I remember the choc "MOLE' sauce, yuck. I thought of that too yesterday when Matt started whipping out "sage" and all these fresh herbs, I said NOOOOO just salt, pepper and gravy! Yeah we love and miss you too, Christmas shopping is boring w/out you and we should have seen blind side together too. :(

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

It's so nice to hear of good kids with good parents enjoying good times :-)

Happy Whole Season to you!