Monday, May 25, 2009

Our Victory Garden!






Our growing season in Hailey is short.  We've been told never to plant before Memorial Day.  So 
this morning my little Sara and I went to the nursery for some supplies and got right to work.  We planted tomatoes, beans, carrots, cucumbers, pumpkins and more pumkins.  Anyone who knows us knows the pumkins are the most important. Thank you to our neighbor Jane for stopping bye and giving us a few tips (Janes garden is awesome!)   Our garden is small but we enjoy what we get and are able to share with our neighbors too.   Sara and I had a great morning planting our garden.  We will be sure to post our harvest in the fall.    We should have taken a photo of our cemetery today.  A new entrance was built and it looked great today with the flags and flowers at all the graves.   We are thankful for our troops and veterans past and present, God Bless them all.   Hope everyone had a great weekend!  Chloe thanks for taking the photo's today.  

3 comments:

maike said...

hello Im argentina , pretty blog, kiss

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Good luck with your garden! Our neighbor's have one and we LOVE the fresh! I'm not good at gardening and my schedule really won't let me (translation: I'm too lazy!) but it's SUCH a great thing for the kiddos to help with. Can't wait to see some of the results :-)

lisa said...

come plant for me. I wish you were my helper Sara, glad to see you in the dirt Martha. Lisa